Gallatin Gateway School Board meetings are held on the third Wednesday of the month at 6:00pm, at the Gallatin Gateway School Board Room (100 Mill Street, Gallatin Gateway, MT).
The board hopes you find these meetings informative. By attending, you will better understand how your school district operates. There will be discussions about student learning, curriculum, facilities, finances and staffing, among other topics. The public schools belong to you and your involvement is encouraged. Public participation and open lines of communication are vital to a strong school district.
Public Comment is For YOU!Top of Page
"Non-Agenda Public Comment" is a specific time set aside at each meeting for public communication to the board. At that time, interested people may present comments, suggestions or concerns that address issues NOT on the posted agenda. (please use the sign-in sheet). An item must be included on the agenda before the board can officially act upon it.
If you have comments about an item on the agenda, you'll have the opportunity to share them when the Board reaches that particular agenda item. For agenda items requiring action, the Board’s process is to present a motion, a second, conduct Board discussion, and then receive public comment. The Board will then engage in further discussion prior to voting on the issue.
Addressing the BoardTop of Page
Any individual or group wishing to make verbal comments on a matter not on the agenda at a meeting should use the following as a guide:
- Wait for the time for public comment on non-agenda items and agenda items. Please wait for recognition from the Board Chair before speaking.
- State his or her name and whether or not he or she is representing an organization and the name of that organization;
- Make a clear and concise statement regarding the matter he or she supports or opposes. To protect the privacy of others, speaking about specific students, parents, and/or staff during public meeting is not permitted.
- At the Board Chair's discretion an individual may not be permitted to speak more than once on a subject.
- If you have printed information to share with the board, please provide copies to the District Clerk upon being recognized by the Board Chair.
Agenda ItemTop of Page
The school board meeting agenda is set by the Board Chair, Vice Chair, Superintendent, and District Clerk. Individuals who wish to request that an item be placed on the agenda should do so by writing to the District Superintendent at:
Gallatin Gateway School
PO Box 265
Gallatin Gateway, MT 59730
or by calling at:
406.763.4415 ext. 13
Requests should include name, address, phone number, organization represented, purpose of the presentation or pertinent background information. Requests must be in writing and reach the superintendent at least seven (7) calendar days before the meeting to be considered for the agenda.
Please note that the decision to place an item on the agenda is at the discretion of the Board Chair.