Welcome and Thank You to All Volunteers!
Your service as a volunteer helps build a school community, enhances the educational experience of our students while supporting teachers and staff, and models the kinds of attitudes and behaviors needed for success! Whether you are able to commit to a regular schedule or can offer time occasionally, your service will be greatly appreciated. The following are examples of opportunities you may enjoy as a volunteer.
- Provide supervised instructional assistance to individuals or small groups
- Monitor individual or group activities
- Assist with special writing projects (Unwaxed Museum, etc.)
- Listen to readers / read to class
- Provide special lessons or demonstrations
- Help with classroom organization, locker and tote organization
- Chaperone field trips
- Assist with Learning Lab before/after school
- Assist with after school program
- Prepare displays or bulletin boards
- Organize book orders
- Plan/organize field trips, classroom parties
- Prepare materials, sharpen pencils, etc
- Sanitize classrooms as needed for student health
- Shelve books/organize materials
- Supervise book fair
- Prepare materials for web site
- Assist with clerical duties and mailings
- Participate in grant writing
- Clean and organize supplies
- Gather special materials for projects
- Assist with cooking, cleaning, and organizing tables for activities
- Eat lunch with small groups
- Assist with snack cart
- Take photographs of classroom activities and special events for yearbook
- Assist with vision and hearing screening
- Help with yard work, weed-pulling, landscaping, etc.
- Assist with fundraisers, food drive
- Provide baked goods for meetings/ events
- Participate in committees assigned by the school board
- Assist with building maintenance, painting, storage organization and inventories
To become a volunteer, check out the Gallatin Gateway School Volunteer Handbook for more information on guidelines and procedures. The handbook and information and disclosure forms are also available at the school office.
Lyn Morton, Volunteer Coordinator, will be happy to match your interests and schedule with a grateful staff member! Her contact information is firstname.lastname@example.org or (406) 763-4810.